1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Nice day here. Pleasant and not humid.

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

This morning it was chucking it down but later on it was sunny and now it's feeling a bit cold

3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I know someone who did a dinner party for 4 with the halogen oven in the centre of the dining table. I am glad you like it

4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Absolutely chucking down here. I don't think it has really stopped since yesterday. Our AirBnB guests are here for the Rewind festival which is just up the road. I bet they are happy they didn't camp. I noticed they were back last night before it ended. If I was them I wouldn't even bother going today. In fact I'd be checking out and going home!

Coincidentally, the headline act today is Wet, Wet, Wet. TBH that would be enough to prevent me going anyway!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    Zou, DaveM399, Derek W and 1 other person like this.
  5. Catriona

Hot, sunny, humid, headache. Windows open, not much help. Dog days I think. Everything going off, including me.

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Aggers will not be pleased. I am only about five miles from Trent Bridge and its been raining most of the day. Presently its hammering down.

7. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I've just returned from a trip to the supermarket, and it's a moderately unpleasant morning - cold, with sleety rain, and there's snow on the hills around the town.

Catriona likes this.
  8. Catriona

Our turn will come. Poor you!
    I'm currently trying to get cool before going upstairs to read and listen to the radio before sleeping. Windows open to catch what little breeze there is.

John Farrell likes this.
  9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

and of course within half an hour of the game being called off, bright sunshine blessed us all...

10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I'm about to press a button and cancel my golf round this morning. Just sick of the weather. Can we have lockdown again so I don't have the frustration?

11. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

It’s very wet here.

In fact probably the wettest summer I can remember in many years as the grass is still green and growing vigorously. In a normal year, the grass is brown by now, and the mower is having an extended rest.

12. dream_police

But according to the met office (so I read a day or two ago) that it is drier than normal!

13. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

I guess it might be drier for the country overall, but perhaps our area has been greedy?

14. dream_police

Not just yours. Ours has been very wet and everywhere I have been has been wet too.

DaveM399 likes this.
  15. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

So much for re-masticing a window. Today was supposed to be dry. It is not.

16. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Raining most of the day here with the odd bit of thunder and lightening

17. John Farrell

You must be a rain god. A career awaits bringing water to arid regions.

Zou and dream_police like this.
  18. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

There is probably good money in being a rain god.

19. John Farrell

These poor deluded bushes beside our path think its spring.

IMG_2819.JPG

Catriona and Ascu75 AKA Don Wood like this.
  20. Ascu75 AKA Don Wood

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood Well-Known Member

Dark and very muggy