1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

That’ll be O2 then.

Catriona likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

with a touch of O3?

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

But not [OIII].

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Surprisingly chilly, despite claims of 18°. Rained mid afternoon, luckily dry for ride home. Saw lots more seals today than usual. 3 or 4 is usually the upper limit. Were at least 7 here and another 3 just along on the next rocks.

IMG_20210803_183617544-01.jpeg

5. Catriona

That's surreal! Took me a moment to see them. :)

Zou likes this.
  6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Sunny so far but clouds starting to arrive from the west, occasional light gusts of breeze

7. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

It has been hitting up to 42°C on my top patio in the early afternoon recently, despite being well shaded under good sun umbrellas. The hottest room in the house is the kitchen as it has a south-ish facing wall, and cooking anything tends to make the kitchen unbearably hot. Solution - I have started cooking, using my halogen cooker, on the patio table - a real win-win! The kitchen stays at a sensible temperature and the food gets cooked using less electricity. I am currently baking my usual two pounder scone and the thermostat light is much less busy than it normally is.

What could be greener than that? :D

LesleySM, John Farrell and Zou like this.
  8. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

This is a weather-related posting from my brother:

The Archbishop of Canterbury and the Royal Commission of Political Correctness announced today that the climate in the UK should no longer be referred to as 'English Weather' as this might offend a sizeable portion of the non-Christian UK population.

As a consequence, the forecast for today is as follows ...
    Mostly Sunni, but in a few areas, Shi'ite.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  9. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Rain is stotting off the patio.

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just heard a tiny rumble of thunder. Hopefully more to come.

11. Catriona

Wet. Not cold. No thunder and doesn't look like it.

12. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

*passes Sam his coat*

13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Thanks, Adrian. Just arrived at Bin Laden's cave but the other occupants have locked the door and demanded I 'Go Away'.

14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

There's a manhole somewhere that needs a new occupant...

15. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Saw some rain over the past couple of days.....is the drought finally over??

Graeme

16. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

Overcast.

17. Dorset_Mike

Was sunny when I got up an hour ago, now clouded over, forecast threatens rain later.

18. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I saw a cloud this afternoon! No, really - a proper cloud. No bullshit. You know - one of those white fluffy things that float around in the sky. I wasn't sure at first what it was, not having seen one for so long, but then I remembered all about them. :D

More importantly, yesterday's peak of 43°C came down to a peak 38°C this afternoon. I just hope it's the end of the worst and longest heat wave I have known out here.

19. Dorset_Mike

Looking out of my window now I can see bright sunlight throwing shadows of the surrounding trees with rain falling as well

20. Catriona

Nice day here. Pleasant and not humid.