1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Tell me about it.:(

peterba likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

If I lived in the south west of England I'd be missing out on the cultural highlights of Edinburgh's festivals, such as (checks notes) the ladyboys of Bangkok, student theatre, and the opportunity to develop covid-19 antibodies.

I jest of course, as I do enjoy the Edinburgh Art Festival, even if they are sometimes hard work.

peterba likes this.
  3. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

But you'd be able, instead, to enjoy the spectacle of hoards of grocks waddling down the street, while simultaneously smoking, and eating chips. :eek: This is often accompanied - mainly in the male version - by a massive hairy beer belly, hanging out between T-shirt and trouser waistband, flopping around in rhythmic co-ordination with the waddling movement. o_O And local covid-19 rates are soaring. Surely you can see that we have much to offer? :confused: ;)

[Should I write copy for the Tourist Information Service? :D]

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sorry pal, we've basically got all that here already...

peterba likes this.
  5. peterba

I thought you lot up there wuz civiloized, loike? :)

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It's the tourists wot ruin it.

peterba likes this.
  7. peterba

Well, I could write Tourist Information copy for East Lothian, then!

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

You South westerners want the money from tourists and the EU, yet you don't want the visitors there.

peterba likes this.
  9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Did your region also vote leave as well?

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

East Lothian: *#@& off and go to Fife instead

Catchy!

peterba and John Farrell like this.
  11. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Quite cool and a bit windy here but finally stopped raining and I'm loving it! My kind of weather, I feel energetic for a change

Catriona likes this.
  12. peterba

Probably true, in general, David. In my case, I don't get any money from tourism (nor do I want any), but I would quite like a summer in which it's possible to actually use our local roads. ;) I would also much prefer that we were still in the EU - and for many, many reasons other than money. :cool:

13. peterba

Sadly, yes. :(

14. peterba

Damn - that's good. I'll have to concede that you're going to get the job, now!

Zou likes this.
  15. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Sadly doubly stuffed. Not only this region but my London borough before I ran screaming for the sticks. Worse than that, they voted for Blowjob:mad:

16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Much fresher. Thank goodness.

17. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Today, here, was almost springlike...a little cloudy, but the air has lost its chill.

Catriona likes this.
  18. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Been lovely here just a bit of rain but finally cool enough for a decent nights sleep last night

19. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Complete mix.
    Some fine, and then it hammered it down.

20. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

This could be in ‘What Grinds Your Gears’ but thought I’d keep it weather related.
    Confusing Weather Forecasts. Today for my area it says:

‘…..cloud will break up to give sunny spells and rain will clear, but a few sharp showers will develop too’