1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Perfect answer.

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Monday morning, Milton Keynes. At around 0730 it was cold, clear, and no wind.
    A short time later it was quite misty, and houses 100-200 metres away were distinctly fuzzy. It's now close to 9AM and the mist has gone, and it's sunny and clear.

3. Catriona

Bloomin awful. Wet, windy, cold, grey. Apparently worse to come. I think the trip to the post office is delayed for a day (or two).

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Started foggy and frosty... cleared... now it's misty again! What's annoying me is I need 72 hours of dry weather to paint the shed in, and the fog has left the surface damp. May have to wait - I hope not until spring!

Catriona likes this.
  5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Sod it - went for it - whole shed coated in about 90 minutes!

Such things always make me think of this...

6. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Cloudy, wet and cold.

Temps around 3°c

7. Catriona

Horrid isn't it? It got so dark here a little while ago I had to put on all the lights. I'm surprised the street lights didn't come on. The rain has been relentless.

8. Derek W

Just debating whether to put the lights on at the moment

Catriona likes this.
  9. Derek W

Cloudy, very wet and cold.... again

Temps around 7ºc

Trying to hold off putting the heating on............ I may just give in though

10. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Sun's out here (gloat giggle)

11. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Got sun here too. Bit chilly and breezy too.

12. Catriona

Oh my! The temperature is diving! I think tonight could be very chilly. Supposedly 6 degC at present and falling.

13. Derek W

Partly cloudy with the sun trying it's best to show itself, still damp and cold though with temps around 3°c

14. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Blue Skys. Sat out in a friends sheltered garden for an hour. No direct sunlight but pleasant. Left about 2:50 as it was just starting to get noticably colder. By the time I had walked 3/4 a mile home it was getting distinctly chilly.

15. Catriona

Cold, clear no wind.

16. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Dry but overcast, negligible wind, forecast says 8C but I'm not going out to confirm that, quite happy indoors at 20.2C and a thick cardy, even the trousers are fleece lined..

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Chilly but nice. First grit on the paths this morning, thankfully not needed.

18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Thankfully not as cold as expected. Barely any wind or cloud in the sky, but a crisp start and crucially no ice on the roads. Had a lovely day out with my wife - Haddington Farmers' Market for sausages/bacon/gammon/shiitake/soap/beer, a cafe for cake and coffee and a nice pootle home. Just over 50km for the day, her longest day on the bike so far.

John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  19. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Wet and miserable here it has been gloomy all day. I dropped my bike off at Decathlon as I think the battery life isn’t as good as it should be after only 9 months.
    Decathlon customer services have been very good and agreed that the distance remaining after a full charge seems low. Interested to see what they say after it has been analysed though.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Ours is Bosch, and the guidance is to charge to 90/95% rather than full each time to maximise battery life. Naturally there is no timer/setting on the charger to assist with this. :confused: