1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Have fun!

Dull and chilly here, quite unlike yesterday.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

It's great. Very warm and sunny. Umbrella is up for shade (we have those in England, they are for sun not rain).

Catriona likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It must be chilly here too because I can't warm up. The moment I turn the heating off, I'm frozen.

4. Catriona

You can go off some people, you know... Grr!

dream_police likes this.
  5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

A quick photo looking up from my seat. If you notice there's a bright spot at the edge of the brolly. That is the sun.:)

sunbrella.jpg

John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Raining now, much needed, the garden was getting dry. Hopefully the haze / clag will be washed out of the air.

7. Catriona

Clear sunny and cool. Looks as if it could be a nice day.

8. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Rain seems to have eased off, was coming down in bucketsful a while ago, very slight breeze.

9. Catriona

Sunny bright and bootiful! Washing on the lines.

10. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

The BBC weather forecast promised light rain yesterday pm, but it never happened. Since yesterday, and continuing now, we've had a welcome 6mm of rain overnight. External temp is 6degC. Earlier during the last two weeks the sky was a weird shade of very pure blue, and the shadows were very dark.

11. Catriona

Beautiful morning. Wall to wall blue sky and sunshine. Not yet warm, but it will be. Had my exercise in the garden yesterday. Weeding weeding weeding and digging. No witing or withmetic though. ;) John, my neighbour on the left threw some red hot poker plants my way as they were on a takeover bid in his garden. We'll see if they take. Huge bloomin roots! Wish I could go to the garden centre, but plants will have to be courtesy of friends and ingenuity this year.
    Have a good day all!

Zou and AndyTake2 like this.
  12. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Sine my last post, we've now had another 4mm rain, and the puddle on my driveway has started draining away - presumably as the pea shingle gets wet, and the surface tension decreases.

13. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Soggy.

Rain since yesterday evening. Easier this morning

14. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Some welcome rain overnight, still a bit damp, grey and cool at present.

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Grey and chilly. Forecast to be sunny and chilly later.

16. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Yes, this easterly wind can take a hike when it likes!

Catriona likes this.
  17. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Much needed rain. Got all the seed drilling done and rolled in, so perfect timing. It'll give the grass a bit of a boost ready for first cut silage making in a couple of weeks.

AndyTake2, Catriona and Craig20264 like this.
  18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sun's out.

19. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

I started watering borders and lawns about a week ago. After the rain last night there was 40mm of rain in the gauge this morning. I think I can put the hose away for now, but there is no forecast of rain in the next week so I think it will soon be in action again. We live on the Greensand Ridge and the garden dries out very quickly.

20. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Found a sunny spot just out the wind. Roasting...approaching taps-aff.

Graeme

Catriona likes this.