1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Starting to get windy.

Catriona likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Bit dreich.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Time taken to get to Co-op, 10 minutes.
    Time taken to return? 3 minutes! :D:eek:

Zou and DaveM399 like this.
  4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, were you flying?

Catriona likes this.
  5. Catriona

Just about! Quite an acceleration coming home.

6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Horizontal rain. A good day to either stay indoors, or else drive down to West Bexington to photograph the surf.

Catriona likes this.
  7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Currently throwing it down. And I have to go out in a couple of hours.

Oh, and Yellow Warnings for both wind and rain for the next two days.

Catriona likes this.
  8. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Seriously considering not going out for my Saturday night pint (or three). It must be bad :(

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

So far an anticlimax after all the warnings, but I suppose that there is still time.

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Blowing quite enough here. Maybe not a Hoolie, but certainly noisy enough.

11. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Fortunately it's not pig country. Having once lived near a pig farm (factory?) in Wiltshire, and sometimes enjoyed the subtle fragrance from it when downwind, I'm very glad.

12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Freezing cold all day, woke up about 9, made some breakfast and took it back to bed, I was reading and frankly did not see the point of getting up to sit around and be cold when I could read in bed and be warm. Spent the whole morning with a good book under the covers getting up now and again for another cuppa

I finally got up from the bed about 2, I mean the cats were not even moving for meals they'd found a snug place (On top of my clean washing of course!) and were not budging!

Finally knowing I needed a few bits from the shops I set out. Could barely open the front door downstairs then nearly got blown off my feet several times including once where I would have been but hung onto a railing

Still I did what I needed to do and was glad when I got in I had left the heating on

It is chucking it down outside and some people are saying tomorrow could be worse but I am okay for now

13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Did a lot of my weekly shopping on Thursday, at least enough to keep me going until Tuesday or Wednesday. Had deliveries Friday and today, including two dumpy bags of logs today. Didn't envy the drivers.

I don't know what autocomplete thinks of me. After "two dumpy bags of" it suggested "heroin". That would get me a long stay courtesy of Her Majesty.

Zou and John Farrell like this.
  14. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

a little bit of light rain overnight

2020-02-16 08.34.14 - Copy.jpg

15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Been chucking it down overnight and continues to do so. Wind is picking up. Really looking forward to my drive to Nottingham in a couple of hours.

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I think the peak of the storm passed overnight judging by the sound of the wind, plus we had a short power cut around 4.30 this morning. The wind's calmed down a bit this morning. May drive down to West Bexington around midday when the tide will be high and coming in. Hoping for some interesting surf.

17. Catriona

Poor Wales!
    [​IMG]

Zou, DaveM399 and dream_police like this.
  18. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Near us there is a road which dips down as it passes under a railway bridge. The dip in the road is lower than the flood level of the nearby river. The river has burst its banks so as always at times like this the road is flooded and impassable.

The local Facebook page is awash with comments blaming the flooding on the council for not clearing the drains...!!

Catriona likes this.
  19. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Funny shaped rainclouds in Wales

Catriona likes this.
  20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Lots of trees down locally. Strong gales, gusting to 80mph yesterday and overnight and then at about 7am it was like someone had flicked a switch and the wind just died down. Still raining.

Catriona likes this.