1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Dry, blue sky now. Won't last. Bloomin cold though and the breeze doesn't help.

2. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

upload_2020-2-10_16-26-19.gif

It’s been quite windy here

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

We've just had a hailstorm blow through with hail 4-5mm across. I don't recall ever seeing it that big (matron) before. It's now merely pishing it doon.

Catriona likes this.
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

5. Catriona

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Indeed, just the world laughing at the Mirror, because whoever published that tweet didn't know the word trampoline ...

Catriona likes this.
  7. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

We had horizontal rain storms, but later a massive snow storm covering everything. There is still some snow on the grass this morning.

Catriona likes this.
  8. Catriona

I see storm Dennis is next for the coming weekend. Hey-Ho!

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Snow and hailstones.

10. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

We had about 10 seconds of snow yesterday.

11. Catriona

Squally heavy showers of rain. Pressure creeping up. Must be about 980 now. Could do better!

12. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

On Monday evening I was faced with that age-old question - "shall I go down to the pub for a couple of pints?"

I looked out of my window and saw that things were dry and calm, so I checked the bus times (there was one due in ten minutes), put my boots on, donned a coat and ventured outside into a sudden raging hailstorm. There was thunder and lightning, the hail was battering down and around half an inch had accumulated on the ground. When the bus arrived I looked like the Abominable Snowman. By the time the bus had got me down the road to the club the hail had stopped and everything was calm and dry again.

Since Monday evening that's been going on more or less constantly on about a half-hour cycle - calm and dry followed by huge hailstorm.

Cheers, Jeff

Catriona likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you've either not seen real hail before or you meant a unit larger than mm... ;)

14. Catriona

Sun, rain, soft hail, wind repeat repeat.
    I actually managed a walk out, a chat with nice neighbour, do my shopping and get home before the next hail storm. Success!

15. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Miserable drizzle now, after it's been fine all day, the sun did make a change though and enabled me to do some work outside.
    Wessex water have been digging up the road outside my house looking for a leak. Found and fixed, but they still have to put down the hotfill asphalt which will be done on Friday, when I have a delivery of logs.
    Great!

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Blowy a bit this morning, blew up overnight though. Just had to recover my recycling bins and contents from next door. Oh, and phoned Wessex Water to tell them that the wind trashed the safety barriers they put around the hole in the road.

17. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Very cold, wet, and like an ice rink

18. Catriona

Sunny, clear and frost slowly disappearing.

19. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

My first job was retrieving the bins from two doors up the road. The bin men empty ours at about 6:15am and unless I get up then to put them away, they go on their travels in windy weather.

20. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Cold, wet and very very windy