1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

reasonably calm.......so far............but seems to be picking up............

Lynn

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I bet! Our local website is currently full of people offering fence repairs, or asking for them - it's an ill wind and all that!

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not too bad really. Rain earlier and some strong-ish gusts but nothing crazy. Still whisky weather though, must make the most of it.

Catriona likes this.
  4. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Had a rather interesting journey into Edinburgh this morning on the bus, road flooded in a number of places.

The journey back home was a bit more hair raising as the bus driver struggled to control the bus in some very strong winds.

Catriona likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Wind? Probably just swerving to hit puddles and splash pedestrians. ;)

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Will the rain ever stop! For once I'm glad my house is built very high above pavement level.

7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Just spoken to my son who lives in Trowbridge. Apparently storm Ciara has caused £5,000,000 worth of improvements.

Zou, AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  8. Derek W

Heavy snow this morning when I went to go put the recycling out and collect my grey bin which was doing it's best to win the race with the other grey bins being blown down the road.

9. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Hail.

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Hello to you as well:rolleyes:;)

11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Trowbridge - improvements? No, can't get my head round that. (Daughter was once a resident)

12. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Closer to normal today. Storm yesterday shifted a huge plant pot off its base, that I can't even move, but the crows nest in tree outside survived intact and ready for use again this season. Road below is littered with twigs and debris.

13. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

...meanwhile: back in sunny, raining, hailing, sunny Devon...

Wet jacket GH2 P1320205.JPG

14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Sleet, snow, rain, hail, squally, grey. Not windy though. :)

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

It's snowing here, the wet stuff, settling on the grass but not the paths...yet

16. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Just hammered it down here.
    My wife took our dog for a walk - thought she'd avoid the rain, and getting the coat on our dog was a bit of a faff, so we ended up with a soggy doggy and a soggy Mrs T

17. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Sun this morning but back top showers now, wind is variable, seems to increase during squally showers then back off while sun peeps through.

18. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

There was a distinct pattern to the weather today. Any time I was indoors, it was sunny but blustery. The second I stepped outside we got hail, rain, snow, you name it. Probaby the kitchen sink as well. Or at least a trampoline or three.

Catriona likes this.
  19. Derek W

Heavy snow storm at the moment and thunder as well

20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

spoke too soon
    it's settling but it's stopping just a few flakes at a time now