1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

The black pointer is the current pressure, the brass pointer is the last reading. I have something similar, though probably older.

IMG_20200114_172105.jpg

Catriona likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I think mine is stuck! It's 966 at present and it is making me feel ill!

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

966? You'll be mourning King McDuff then. No wonder your head hurts with all that wailing going on...

Catriona likes this.
  4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

To be honest I just glance at how far the pointer is from the index. Then I reset the index over the pointer and wait for the pointer to move again.

Anyway, it was correct. It's bluidy wet here this evening...

Wet window iPhone IMG_0142.JPG

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Come over milder since it started pissing down. Should be dry tomorrow, certainly hope so.

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

Please! Duff! Not McDuff. He's mine!!

Zou likes this.
  7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

We have an old barometer. I have no idea how it works. To be honest, it probably doesn't. When we moved to this house it got laid flat at some point and some mercury spilled out. It looks nice on the wall though.

[​IMG]barometer 1 by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]Barometer 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]barometer 3 by Nigel G, on Flickr

8. Catriona

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I think the storm surge has reached Wiltshire. Definitely seems like high tide underfoot.

Catriona likes this.
  10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

30712ces.jpg

The Thames in the Staines area is up a bit - about 18", maybe more. Running fast too, and very brown and murky. I suspect somewhere upstream is very wet!

11. Catriona

Wet.

12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Grey, chilly but not as bad as it has been, wind seems to have died down for a bit. Rain forecast for the afternoon. Friday/Saturday/Sunday forecast to be dry and sunny, so probably will be very cold.

Catriona likes this.
  13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Wet and windy. Yesterday was bright and dry with a clear night. Got contractors in, don't envy them in this weather.

14. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Dull here today, overcast, not particularly wet or windy or anything really. Rather dispiriting weather

15. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Contractors haven't turned up due to being short-staffed. Still blowing a hoolie, and as it's bin day we've had bins going for a walk down the road.

Catriona likes this.
  16. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Windy, cold and wet.

So glad normal service has been resumed o_O

Catriona likes this.
  17. Bipolar

Bipolar Well-Known Member

It warmed up a bit today! Its -16C.

18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sunny, cold (unless moving in the sun), but wind a pale imitation of its earlier self.

Catriona likes this.
  19. Catriona

It was clear and sunny earlier, but is now a drizzly cold afternoon. Glad I didn't put my washing out.

20. Catriona

2 degC Dew point below freezing. Suspect icy roads tomorrow.