1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The railways used to sell it in huge quantities to make what are now known as "breeze" blocks. According to books I've read about the British railways the younger apprentices were sometimes known as "clinker monkeys" because one of the first jobs they were given was scooping the clinker off the tracks where it had been dropped when the fires were doused.

dream_police likes this.
  2. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Very windy and very wet

Catriona likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Ditto.

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Between rain showers...
    PSX_20191009_170326.jpg

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Gorgeous. :)

Speaking of showers, I think I have seen more rainbows this week than in the rest of the year combined. Nearly.

daft_biker likes this.
  6. Catriona

Seems Glasgow has a bit of bother though. You've been lucky! It hasn't stopped raining here all day (and yesterday and the day before...)

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Aye, it's full of Glaswegians! ;)

8. Catriona

Oh you wicked man!! (You Edinburgh folk never change...) Ha!

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sorry, was witness to a Glaswegian at work getting overly precious (as they do often do) and was reminded how loudly and often they'll tell you they're the best folk in Scotland (and by extension, the world). ;)

Catriona likes this.
  10. Catriona

So true! :D

11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Well, true insofar as they say it. Not true in a factual sense. It's like they're overcompensating for something...

12. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Raining, but at least the wind's dropped. With the jet stream stuck over us the forecast is for rain as far as it goes.

Tick......tick......tick......

Waiting for the first snarky comment.

13. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Looks like quite a nice day today, hopefully bring me out of my own black cloud.
    We are going down the mines on the Edge, at Alderley Edge this afternoon. They get opened up every so often and they do small tours. Been meaning to do it for years. If I am not seen again, it may be a replay of the Thai footballers, considering how much rain we have had!

14. Catriona

A very chilly 3.9C and dropping! Sun just about to make an appearance. No wind, no rain (yet).

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Allegedly 10C here, but doesn't feel it. Grey and promise of light rain later.

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Still raining. It rained all day yesterday, and quite possibly all night. No sign of it easing up.

17. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Grey and wet. Lightish rain at the mo. Can guarantee it’ll be like it all day as we have been given a stall on the outside edge of the covered market hall with a possibility of rain coming in if it gets very heavy.

18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Amazingly the rain has stopped and there's blue sky between the clouds.
    Won't last though.

Catriona likes this.
  19. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Very foggy at the moment and cold.

20. Catriona

One has just returned from the Co-op.
    One is bloomin cold and very wet!