1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to post a pic

Discussion in 'Colour or Not' started by jagath, Aug 26, 2003.

1. jagath

jagath Member

please advice me as to how to post a pic here.

Jagath Dheerasekara
    Sri Lanka

2. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Jagath, I can't remember how to embed an image, but if you post this same request in the lounge, I'm sure someone will put you right.
    Bye the way, I prefered your colour shots in the Gallery.
    Jo.

Bye For Now,
    Jo/img/wwwthreads/wink.gifBecause I'm worth it! (Blatantly Nicked from TV advert.)

3. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Jagath,

One of the members AB recently posted THIS in the lounge it should help.

<font color=blue>RonM CRIPN</font color=blue>
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

4. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Morning Jagath,

Just two things.

1 - Try and keep the size of the image to a minimum. A lot of people here are normal modem links and downloading a large image within a post can be very time concuming. Also, if the image is big people probably won't wait around to view it!

2 - Would it be possible for you to fill in your 'Profile' detials? Just a little info so we know who we're talking to /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Many thanks

fen.

<iframe width="450" height="89" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/banner.htm"></iframe>

5. jagath

jagath Member

I couldn't find it. Pls help.

Jagath

6. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Hi Jagath,
    What can't you find?
    The Lounge? Click on Forum Index just below the Amateur Photographer Banner.
    Your profile? Click on the Edit Profile space, just below the Amateur Photographer Banner. While you are editing your profile, it's a good idea to alter the number of parent posts to something a lot larger (100 or so) than the default 10.
    The relevant thread? Click on the red letters in Ron's message.

Bye For Now,
    Jo/img/wwwthreads/wink.gifBecause I'm worth it! (Blatantly Nicked from TV advert.)

7. jagath

jagath Member

Thanks. Tell me how I could have improved them please. Jagath

8. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Jagath,
    If you re-post your message for comments on your photos, I'm sure you'll get a better response. Your best bet would be to post a message in the Lounge, and tell people which gallery they are posted in, and that they are under the name Sri Lankan.
    There are more people who visit the Lounge than there are who visit the Black and White section or the AP Gallery.
    If you just post a message to introduce yourself, giving a few details as to your photographical standard/capabilities and what equipment you used to take the shots.
    Jo/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Bye For Now,