1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How to confuse WIndows...

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by SXH, Jul 8, 2020.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Yesterday I took a couple of snaps of a cat (including this one). I forgot to load them onto my PC until this morning. Checking the properties, I got...
    P1040143-props.jpg

Gosh, I am clever - I modified the file before it was created. Does that make me a Timelord?

To be a bit more serious - can anyone explain it? I get that the PC file was created today, but why does it consider the actual picture creation date/time to be when it was Modified?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Check your camera. LR gets cross with me half the year because I don’t change the date setting to daylight savings time.

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Nope. Camera time/date are OK.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Different creation then. Must be the Windows file system creation date. Come to think of it I’ve noticed this in explorer for other files.

5. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

There is a listing for date taken, everything else refers to the windoze file.

I never change camera settings to summertime, leaving them at gmt.

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Neither do I but having rebuilt my MacBook Pro and reinstalled Camera Control Pro I connected a camera and only later, after an afternoon at Wisley, found that it had reset the time to BST! No wonder the files from the two bodies weren't arranged in the correct order.

7. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Apparently:

That isn't unusual with copied files, when you copy a file the file's created date becomes the modified date and the current date (when the file is copied) becomes the created date, copy any existing file on your computer and you will observe this behaviour.

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Oh, so it is naturally confused? Good ol' Microsoft. ;)