1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

how to back up both SSD(system) and hard drive (Data ) monthly.

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Terrywoodenpic, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

One for the computer experts perhaps...
    I have a ssd for my system and a HD disk for my data.
    I back up the Hard disk data each month to a external hard drive.

I would now like to back up both the SSD and Data disk each month. using my EaseUs back up software if possible.

What/how do I do it.?
    Anyone.

2. Bipolar

Bipolar Well-Known Member

I used to use a program called Norton Ghost. I had the hard drive partitioned in two equal size
    partitions and once a month I would create a backup copy on the second partition. However
    as the data grew over the years it started to take a very long time to write the backup.
    Now I save all the important stuff to an extra hard drive I have installed. I also keep a
    backup copy on an external hard drive and on my travel laptop as well.

About 5 years ago the power supply in my desktop failed and destroyed 2 of the 3 hard drives.
    fortunately I had 2 backup copies of everything and only lost a few emails that weren't important.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Umm .. RTBM for your back-up software?

I keep meaning to buy some good back-up software for my PC. When I was at work and finally convinced the IT guys that backing up 20 GB across the network every morning wasn't a good idea they gave me some disk imaging software that somehow did incremental back-up - it was very quick and because the sum of its parts was a complete disk image you could just put it all back in case of catastrophe.

Soon I'll have to move my photos off my iMac HDD as it is nearly full (not much there other than photos). I think TimeMachine can be set up to back-up up across multiple disks.

4. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I have used the free edition of Macrium Reflect for several years. I back up all my drives.

I have not used EaseUs but I expect it is capable of backing up more than one drive.

Once a month is a bit long between backups.

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Never used EaseUs so can't comment. I just use a tool to backup files from any number of drives to another destination (I use SyncBackFree which suits my needs). I back up daily to a network drive, 'when I remember' to two USB drives, daily to a cloud service (Backblaze) and 'when I remember' to Azure.

Probably overkill.

6. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Really it depends on what you want to backup

I do so weekly and monthly and once a year.

I create a folder on my external RAID storage called "month/day/year" today was August 1st backup 2020

As I just backup google passwords, downloads, letters, images (all in separate folders in one main folder) I just copy and paste every time, simple.

Or

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-backup-windows-10-automatically