1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How Many Cameras Have You Got?

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by GPhotographic, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Ben Myerson

Ben Myerson Member

2. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Hello - the zombie thread curse has spread, I see.....

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

How do you post an empty message? The editor moans at me if I try that... :confused:

4. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

My collection of cameras is down to 35 - Lord only knows why I bought so many - I've used at least 15 of them the rest are still boxed up , all have lenses .

Nikon - D7000 , D80 , F80 , F90 , F801 , F301 [ as new , perfect condition ] , F50 , F65 , F401 , F501 , Nikomat , Nikon Coolpix S3300 .

Canon - A1 x 2 , AE-1 x 3 , EOS 5 , another couple which I've forgotten .

Others -

Olympus , Fuji , Pentax , Minolta , Mamiya , Praktica , Fed , Zorki , Yashica ,

Yashica Mat medium format in case [ working ] .

My favourites [ and the ones I've used mostly ] are the D7000 , F80 , F90 , F301 , F801 , Coolpix S3300 , Canon EOS 5 , AE-1 ,, Mamiya ZM Quartz , Zorki 4k , Olympus OM4 and my Yashica Mat

I've been telling my wife I was going to sell most of them on Ebay but I never got round to it .

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I've got far too many........... a terrible case of GAS I'm afraid........:rolleyes:

It used to be called 'Phiggying' or 'Phiggyitis' in fond allusion to a former member who was particularly prone to resurrecting dormant threads...:)

John Farrell likes this.
  6. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

You been sneaking in and eavesdropping on my conversations with my wife? I cannot believe there is other people out there who hoard these wonderful useless.items.I did actually buy some film to say that i did actually use them but sadly I am a camera collector. I got the big late and there are so many beautiful cameras to caress
    Don

7. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I understand the concept it is actually parting with any of them I am unable to sell its like which child would you put up for care nope not happening.

8. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I have that conversation with my wife I know what she wants to do go and spend the cash on nonessential stuff likelike good and stuff like that

9. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I`ve got nowhere near as many as some have said but here it is:

Fujica STX1N
    Fujica AX1
    Fujica AX3
    Fujica AX5
    Olympus XA
    Pentax Zoom70
    Canon Powershot 530
    Ricoh CX1
    Sony Alpha A350
    Kodak Brownie 127
    Zorki4
    Sony Alpha A100(retired since it overheats and turns itself off)

10. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

good idea to keep this 2010 thread for short lists and the new one for long lists. Though I suppose anything bought since 2010 shouldn't count.

11. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

one less than I will probably have in three months time.

ascu75 and steveandthedogs like this.
  12. Geoff Brown

Geoff Brown New Member

Yashica TL Electro
    Yashica MC35
    Chinon Bellami
    Nikon F80
    Fuji Finepix S1Pro
    Fuji Finepix S2 Pro
    Nikon D70
    Nikon D90
    Nikon D7000
    Nikon 1 V1
    Nikon 1J1
    Nikon 1 S1

13. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

More than I need, fewer than I'd like...

14. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

I think I'm currently at 69½, though I wouldn't be able to find all of them, some of the old digital compacts may well have been thrown out.
    The half being justified as part of my large format kit. I have two complete 5x4 cameras, with spare standard, bellows, lens boards, ground glass etc which together make up slightly more than half another camera, but are not quite a complete system.
    Quite a few have been brought for the lenses that came with them rather than the body. I'm currently bidding on another too.

I think about 10 of them have been used in the last year (for taking images) about the same again have been played with without film to check function, or investigate features etc.