1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeless

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Ally100, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Ally100

Ally100 Active Member

Hi all

Well this is my second submission and again i would look forward to your thoughts on this subject.

This was taken in China Town, Bangkok using Canon 400D and Canon EF 24-105mm lens, ISO 800.

[​IMG]

Cheers Ally

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

It is the kind of stuff I like a lot, because it says something, rather than just being a record of what was there.

For me you have cropped a bit tight on it. I'd give it a gnats more air on the right. I'd also burn in the light foreground a bit to give it something more solid to sit on. Rest might be a tad over-saturated.

Did you get one with eye contact (not necessarily better, just asking)?

Hope you gave him a bob or two.

3. Ally100

Ally100 Active Member

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for taking the time to review my photo and glad you like the subject. I like this kind of subject to. Tells a story of sorts, i think.

Yes i think the cropping is a bit tight, there was a reason for this but i forget why i did it now.

Unfortunately he didn't open his eyes for he short time i intruded on his life, pity as i could have added to the 'emotional turmoil' of his life (?).

regards Ally

4. cat1989

cat1989 Member

im just a beginer so feel free to ignore me lol. its a very emotional picture and tells a very moving story. you only need to glance at it to see this.
    very good i agree with the cropping issue altough you would of had a reason for this.