1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holyrood elections

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, May 7, 2021.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

McCarthyism strikes again...

2. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

As members have no doubt gathered I am not a fan of Douglas Ross. Even I would not have believed his behaviour in this video if it had merely been described to me. To make matters worse, his behaviour is de-facto condoned by Alister Jack Sec. of State for Scotland by his non intervention. Absolutely extraordinary.

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Naw. Self preservation.

spinno likes this.
  4. Andrew Flannigan

Could you explain what you think he's done wrong? It's not obvious from the footage shown.

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Right up there with his anti-Gypsy rants.

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Given how increasing the population by immigration to increase the number of Scottish taxpayers is part of the SNP plan for Scotland I'd suggest a better question is how many of them do we need to make up how many billions in lost income from the UK? And will it happen overnight?

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

FB_IMG_1621013563615.jpg

Zou and Learning like this.
  8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

If Ms Sturgeon gets her way on independence then can we just put illegal immigrants on a train to the new border where they will be welcomed to their new home?

9. WillieJ

I must confess to being a tad disappointed. I had hoped you had commented on DRoss' behaviour.
    To answer your question. Given our ambition to rejoin the EU, I rather assume we would treat you in this matter as in others like any other outsider.:D

10. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

WillieJ likes this.
  11. Learning

Ross is an embarrassment.
    Given your ambition to join the EU I hope that you realise that you would need to create a hard border and qualify entry by using the Euro. I Don't think that NI arrangements would be any good for an English Scots border (contrary to what Ms Sturgeon has stated.). The NI arrangements are a fudge and will never work. NI will be gone within 10 years.
    I am sure that in the case that Scotland leaves UK then the FUK Westminster parliament will behave with impeccable politesse.They need not be pliant and will not be so.

12. WillieJ

Hey, so you have heard of the expression the "Former United Kingdom". I only copped it today. I suggested "Former Commonwealth United Kingdom" but beware of trade mark actions.

13. Andrew Flannigan

Is there anything stupider than Brexit?

Yes. Worse still: Nicola Sturgeon and her legion of lunatics will do their very best to bring it about.

14. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Phew...I thought we might be xenophobes too...thats a relief.
    I will rest easy in my own stupidity.

Graeme

Catriona likes this.
  15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Possibly although a more interesting question to explore might be how a hard border will work for rail?

Or if I'm out enjoying my right to roam a bit further south what will stop me ending up in England?

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hadrian's wall, if you listen to the louder and less well-informed of the English voices...

AGW and Catriona like this.
  17. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

You are not coming back, so why so bothered and nasty?

18. Learning

Hadrian's wall is way too south of even the present border. Ms sturgeon is very strong on democracy and I expect that she will be very happy to allow her border provinces to defect to England. In similar vein will she be happy to allow the Orkney and Shetland population their liberal democratic right to become British dependencies should they desire it. We would certainly accept them. If Britain can defend Falkland from the Argies 5000 miles away I am sure that we could defend Orkney and Shetland from Scotland just up the coast.

19. Learning

Yes Andrew. Let's be polite and uber-civilised about this.

20. Andrew Flannigan

Indeed. Let's allow this home rule madness to continue until we're left with the sovereign realm of 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam.