1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiya from East London

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by LesleySM, Aug 18, 2011.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Sorry I posted the gist of this in another thread by mistake

Anyway hi,

I'm Lesley from Bow- was into photography as a kid since my dad was before I was 10 I could develop and print films. Had a 110 for pottering round with in my teens and 20's then apart from occasionally borrowing the other (never better) half's compacts I just didn't do much of it but I kept wanting to so last year I took a small plunge and got a Coolpix S3000, which has since been taken loads of places and I got some good results on but I started to become aware of its limitations and a couple of months back I took a much bigger plunge andgot a D3100 DSLR- which now means I am aware of my limitations! I've since added a longer lens and a speed light, the latter has so far blinded the other (never better) half.

I take loads of photos of my cats (especially as we just have a new kitten) and shots of local bands and various other odds and ends. Ive managed to get a photographers pass for a gig in October (friends of the band) so I had better work out how to operate the camera properly!

2. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Lesley,

looks like your half way there already - have fun ! :)

PS I've removed your post in Mark's intro thread - everyone can say Hello to you here.

3. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I live in Bow- it went on all around us but apart from a lot of local shops closing early it didn't touch us, we don't have any local shops selling tellies or trainers etc I was half thinking if it did kick off a couple of good shots sold to the papers might pay for the camera:)

5. laj

laj Well-Known Member

Welcome

Love Laura x