1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden treasure.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Learning, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Having read the latest issue I came across references to two new people, Joshua Waller and Jess Miller. What do they do I wondered. After a bit of online searching I found an AP YouTube Channel.
    Why is it such a secret? Is that their responsibility and do they do other on line stuff?

2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I don't recall ever reading about in in AP or here - truly a well kept secret. What's the most recent video on it?

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Without going to find the AP edition, I think said that this was an experiment that was tested then dropped but is now to be revived.

4. Learning

I am disappointed not to a see an editorial response to this comment on appointments reported in the last magazine.
    If there is going to be a great launch event for new online content then isn't a 'teaser' post here and email to mag subscribers in order?

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Probably not yet ready to splash it.

6. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

Josh and Jess are our new online team who look after the website and all of the social media platforms. Josh was previously the Editor of ePhotozine. As you may know the current website was hastily constructed as a temporary measure when we changed ownership from TI Media to Kelsey in early 2020, and a bigger, better website will be launched in the first half of 2022.
    The YouTube channel has a long history. It started life as the What Digital Camera YouTube channel, launched by me in 2007. It was rebranded as Amateur Photographer TV in 2014 (when I moved to AP) and for a few years TI employed a videographer to produce content for it. But all video creation ceased from around 2017 when AP moved out of London, and then TI was bought by venture capitalists. Now, under Kelsey, we have re-booted the channel. However, video creation is logistically more complicated now that we all work remotely from home, scattered across the UK, and no longer have a central studio. But despite this, during 2021 we created and published 22 videos on a variety topics (10 of which were filmed at The Photography Show). and we aim to produce more in 2022.

The channel which you can find here features videos on a variety of cameras, including the Hasselblad 500CM, Fujifilm GFX50S and Canon EOS R3, and interviews with photographers including Sebastiao Salgado.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  7. Learning

Thanks Nigel for the reply. I hope that the channel becomes better known and wish you, Joss and Jess success with it and the new web site.

Nigel_Atherton likes this.