1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by E.W.S., Mar 18, 2019.

1. E.W.S.

E.W.S. New Member

hi everyone, I am 35,and into all things creative.
    I’ve been into photography since 1999/2000 when I got my first goodmans digital camera,no screen on the back and about 1mp but with the help of my prescribed gabapetin and diazepam (I could never have gone into this sort of environment without it),my sister (a trained support staff) took me to a warehouse party back then and I took some good shots with it-i had media and people stealing my pictures,I’ve always had low end cameras but try to get the most out of them.

I am diagnosed with many things,’severe autism’,’mild learning disability’,’significant physical disability’,’severe visual processing difficulties’,lifelong ’severe epilepsy’ etc,all of which impact on my abilities around photography and doing art (plus the many meds I’m on which give me shaky hands) but I enjoy photography (and other art styles in general) greatly.

For photography,I use a newly bought Canon EOS 1200d DSLR (entry level) and a lightning adapter so I can import my photos straight to my iPad which is both my communication device and my computer for all other needs,before that i used a very old Panasonic lumix,8mp.
    I have the adobe photographers package,I use lightroom,mostly as my impairments can cause issues and photos then need a bit of editing, waiting for full photoshop to arrive this year.
    I am also a new member of the disabled photographers society,never knew it existed.

I have a question, am I allowed to put a link in my signature to my portfolio?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.

I don't see why you shouldn't link to your portfolio in your signature. It might be that you can't do it straight away because there are certain things new users can't do as a step toward preventing spam. The blocks are lifted after a certain number of posts and time has elapsed.

Questions about editing on ipads come up now and again so it will useful to have an expert in this on board!

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome! I think you may have to have been around a little while and/or have made a certain number of posts before you can do things like change your avatar and put links in to your signature but after that it shouldn't be a problem.

I didn't know there was a Disabled Photographers' Society but good for you for joining and I hope you get lots out of it! I'm actually in a group of photographers exhibiting in Edinburgh at the moment and one of us is showing a series of work made around the experience of having an epileptic siezure. For a long time she felt she couldn't make work because of the shakiness of her hands but for this project it actually helped tell her story and the images she has made are really powerful as a result.