1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from Ystrad Mynach

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Andrew_Berry, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Andrew_Berry

Andrew_Berry Member

Hi all

Just thought I would pop by and say hello. "hello"

I am looking to further my experience and knowledge in photography.

I started many moons ago with a Praktica MTL3 then moved onto a Pentax ME Super (awesome camera). And did my own black and White developing and printing in my parents bathroom (doesn't everyone?)

I drifted away from photography due to work and family reasons (having triplet daughters puts paid to a lot of things)

Now I am back with a DSLR and have spent the last year reading as many camera mags as possible but I am stuck in a rut. I think I am after a photography course preferably on line due to lack of regular time off. I have seen a few on the net ranging from £300 to £500. Are these type of courses worth that sort of money?

Any way, hi again and I will take the time to post up some pics for evaluation over the weekend.

Cheers

Andrew

2. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Andrew,

glad you could join us.

Not sure about other on-line courses but AP do distance learning photo courses one of which I did about 3 years ago. I found it very good and learnt a lot and it was handy to be able to do things as fast or slow as I liked - work and life get in the way. :D

Just an option - you should find the details for the SPI courses (School of Photographic Imaging) on the AP home page. Also, the images I took for the various modules are on my flickr site if you're interested.

Lisa.

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi Andrew and welcome to the AP forums.

Check out the posting tutorial for this site here Click me... plus lots of free programs and tutorials at the bottom of the page.

If you want a quick editor. Check out the one in my signature below.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Cheers! :D

4. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Nice you have join us on here. :)

Curious in what way do you feel you are in a rut if I may ask?

I progressed similar to you MTL3/5 but went for slides mainly. Only ended up processing E6 myself because of a bad lab situation in 2000.

Personally I just shoot what I want to hang on my wall. Which of cause means I still get my images printed. I like seeing a image printed out.

5. Andrew_Berry

Andrew_Berry Member

In a rut?

Not really sure.

I would like to have a go at portraiture, landscapes, macro...indeed everything but I can not decide on what to do.

I am going to upload some pics to see what you guys think, perhaps you can give me some direction?

Andrew

6. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Welcome Andrew