1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hi From Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Derek W, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick intro

I'm Derek, live in Scotland although originally from Kent.

I have been an keen amateur photographer for a number of years now, my preferred style of photography is street.

I look forward to participating on the forum. :)

one question if I may though, how does one change ones avatar? I have tried to change it but the system wont let me :(

All the best,

Derek

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Contact a mod to change your avatar. PM Nick, Benchista

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Hi Derek, welcome along. New faces always welcome.I'm not sure if you have to have a certain number of posts over a certain time for some permissions. A mod will advise. Look forward to seeing your work.

Craig

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi Derek, you can change it after you make so many posts. I think the number is 30. I think other things turn on as well, like available space on the galleries but I've never used them.

5. Derek W

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your replies.

It looks like I need to make 30 posts in order to change my avatar.

Cheers,

Derek

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Take your time on adding an avatar. I didn't have one for 6 months if I recall correctly. Wait long enough and the right one will pop straight into your viewfinder. ;)

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

There's also a time requirement, which I can't remember, or there used to be. Don't sweat it, you'll be able to change it soon.

8. Derek W

Cheers guys! :)

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yes, there are time and post requirements before you can add an avatar or make status posts - we introduced them because spambots were signing up and posting spam in these fields on an industrial level.
    We recognise and apologise for the inconvenience to genuine users, but I'm afraid it's a necessary evil.

10. Derek W

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand totally the reasons behind this, I have been on a few forums where spam bots seem to run riot until dealt with so preempting the spam bots in this way is a good move in my opinion.

Best,

Derek

Benchista likes this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hello Derek from Scotland/Kent - look forward to seeing your work while we wait for your avatar!

Catriona and Derek W like this.