1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from not so sunny Rochdale.

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Pete Bony, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Pete Bony

Pete Bony Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, I've just registered so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I have "dabbled" on and off with photography for most of my life now but have made the decision to get a little more serious about my photography. I have been using a Canon EOS 400D with a standard kit lens and a Tamron 70-300 Zoom Lens but have just added a 550D to my kit along with a Tamron 70-310 zoom lens as well as a set of 3 extension tubes and a set of close up filters.
    I have spent the last week getting used to the setting on my 550D as well as the "close up" gear, which I think I have got sussed out now. All I need is for my new ring flash to arrive along with the tripod adjustable rails and I should be fully equipped for some better "close up" photos, which i am really enjoying doing as I can just go out into my front garden for that.
    I've had a quick look through the forum and hope that I will be able to pick up plenty of hints and tips to improve on my photography so I hope you don't mind me asking what might seem some pretty basic questions in time to come.
    In the mean time thanks for having me on board!

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Pete - I've never managed to get the hang of doing close-up stuff, so I'll look forward to seeing some of your pictures!

Cheers, Jeff

Roger Hicks likes this.
  3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Jeff,

Seconded -- but there are some brilliant insect photographers on this forum.

Cheers,

R.

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Hi Pete. Welcome along. New faces always welcome around these parts.:)

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. Good start on the close-ups. I've just owned up to the obvious and started with physio 'cos I just can't get "close" to anything below 4' anymore!

6. Pete Bony

Pete Bony Well-Known Member

I know the feeling well mate. I had a knee replacement in February of this year which seems to have gone a bit belly up so kneeling is a little difficult and painful for me at the moment. I wanted to get back in to my photography as it was a lot less strenuous than my shooting or fly fishing.
    Unfortunately the years catch up with all of us at some time or another.:(

Craig20264 likes this.