1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from Kent!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by gkpaul, May 9, 2011.

1. gkpaul

gkpaul New Member

Hi, just found your forums after searching online.

Always had an interest in photography, but never done anything about it! But, and I know its a little sad, Ive been loving the camera on my new mobile phone and have got some very good reception after posting them elsewhere.

Just here to get some hints and tips and maybe to further my interest in the hobby!

2. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

Welcome from Kent! You've got the most crucial factor - that's a desire and enthusiasm for photos. There's plenty of advice and lots of tips on this forum from members with a wide range of experience, so eat, drink and be merry....
    Cheers,
    :)

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi Paul and welcome aboard.

Loved your pics on flickr and especially the set from RHDR :)

Made an amateur film on there once - nearly got killed sitting on top of one of the carriages as I didn't see a gantry as we came into one of the stations. A mate shouted jump and I did, just in time :)

Enjoy!

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Don't forget - the most important thing about a camera is what's behind it (ie you)! There's some stuff there that I'd be proud of having taken with an SLR, there are definite signs that you have an eye for it.

Welcome to the asylum -take one of the nice jackets and enjoy your stay! :)

Adrian

PS You might want to put a reciprocal link to AP on your Flickr if you haven't already done so - I know it was a requirement on the old forum software to do so, not sure about the new stuff, but anything is better than the Moderators getting crabby!

5. gkpaul

gkpaul New Member

Thank you for the welcome guys!

How would I go about putting a link on Flickr? More than happy to spread the word on the web!

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

The best camera is the one you have in your pocket when you need to take a picture :D You may find it can't do some of the more advanced aspects of photography, but finding out is exactly whats so fun about it all :) Enjoy!