1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hi from Hampshire

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Spriguns, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Spriguns

Spriguns New Member

Real name is Daryll
    I live in the small village of South Harting on the west sussex/Hamphire border , I am a amature photographer , into macro and Infrared , signed up to Purple port , as I wanted to expand into people/models , still cant get the hang of that yet...lol
    I am A Nikon Man , with D7100 , D90 and D80 converted to IR , love to learn more , may get good at it , my aim is not to be the best , just better than I was

Cheers

Daryll

2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum.

An amateur who lists 3 Nikon DSLR bodies and no details of lenses?
    Sometimes knowing what lenses you use is more interesting than the camera bodies, because the information shows what you may have experimented with.

I've got an ancient (now about 20 years old) 'first generation' Tamron 90 mm 'macro' lens that when used with an APS-C camera body like yours, is also perfect for head and shoulders portrait shots without being close to the subject (it is the 'equivalent' of the classic 135 mm lens used on 35 mm cameras). So if you already have a lens like this for your macro work, try it for other stuff too. If you don't have something like this, consider looking for a nice secondhand prime in the 60-90 mm range for portrait work.

I also have an old-model Sigma 17-70 mm zoom, purchased secondhand too, that is great for portrait shots when used at 60-70 mm, but its maximum aperture at these settings is smaller than that of the Tamron 90 mm prime .

Have fun.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forum.

4. Spriguns

Spriguns New Member

Thanks for the welcome.
    Lenses Tamron 11-16 2.8 , Sigma 17-50 2.8 Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 Nikon AiS 70 -200 f4 , Sigma 180 macro , nikon 300 F4
    Iuse the Sigma 17-50 for studion work , work horse is sigms 17-70 , goes any where I go , Plus a few odd ball M42 lenses

5. Spriguns

Spriguns New Member

oh yea the D80 infrared has a nikon 18-70 , it was matched up to the IR conversion

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

"S. Harting... Please drive carefully through the village" always makes me chuckle.

[​IMG]

7. Spriguns

Spriguns New Member

lol martin

8. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.