1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hi everyone!!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by WayneC67, Oct 23, 2018.

1. WayneC67

WayneC67 Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Geren likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi Wayne, welcome to the forums!

3. WayneC67

WayneC67 Member

Thank you!

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

5. WayneC67

WayneC67 Member

Thank you!

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Hi Wayne, welcome, although looking at your profile page you’ve been a member for quite a few years.
    Tell me, when we were discussing Masters of Photography, were you reading the thread? :)

7. WayneC67

WayneC67 Member

Hey, it was interesting to read the comments. Great to get a viewers perspective. It does look easy when watching the show ;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Geren and dream_police like this.
  8. dream_police

Of that I have no doubt.

9. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Beware - on TV they can make anything look easy.
    Complete idiots can appear capable of doing difficult things, because we never see all the 'bad takes'.

10. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Chester,

Read Hansard...

Meanwhile, welcome Wayne.

11. Chester AP

I carefully avoided any political reference - the target is too obvious and it always sends a Forum thread into territory that gets so much space already.

12. WayneC67

WayneC67 Member

Ouch!

dream_police likes this.
  13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

That might or might not be true but I don't think SAMOP made the tasks look 'easy'. In fact, if anything, the tasks all seemed bloomin' horrendous to me. Pitch up to a studio to use lighting equipment you've never seen before and make an interesting portrait of a person you don't know and their random pet? In a limited time frame with the aid of one of your competitors? Worse than The Apprentice!

14. WayneC67

WayneC67 Member

I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as something for nothing. There is no other photography competition around that I am aware of paying 100k euro prize money for taking photographs. "Easy" is not how I would describe the experience. The easy bit is being the viewer sitting at home watching it ;)

dream_police and Geren like this.
  15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Well exactly!

Roger Hicks likes this.
  16. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

There are many people whose salaries suggest that is not a universal truth. :(

Roger Hicks likes this.
  17. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Welcome along Wayne. Look forward to seeing some of your images. :)

18. Chester AP

But if the programme was recorded, it was also edited, so what you saw may not bear much relation to what happened.

Is 'The Apprentice' that comedy programme that's a spoof of 'The Office'? I tried an episode once and gave up after a few minutes because all the characters were ridiculously crude and simple stereotypes that I cannot believe exist in real life (whereas some of those in 'The Office' definitely remind me of real people I've met and worked with). Or was it a horror/sci-fi series about clones and zombies?

19. dream_police

And seeing as he was on it, he may in fact tell you it was harder perhaps. I don’t think they made it look easy at all. Did you watch it?

20. Chester AP

No - it's on Sky, hence only my generalised comments about TV programmes. If it ever 'trickles down' to Freeview I will try it.
    But comments in other Forum threads suggest to me that I won't be impressed.