1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All - New comer from Marple

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Rivergord, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Rivergord

Rivergord New Member

Hi All
    Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to AP. Living in Marple and just bought myself a new Canon 500D, so getting into it, and booked on a course at the end of Aug.
    I have had a SLR 25 years ago before digital, so now reviving the old brain cells, and looking forward to it.
    I do a lot of river kayaking and mountain biking so get out there in remote beautiful places, so bring it on.
    Any advice and tips would be most welcome, and yes i know my new camera is not waterproof, I have an Olympus 850 point & shoot for that.
    Cheers
    Gordon

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Gordon,

A warm welcome to you :cool:

3. IanJTurner

IanJTurner Well-Known Member

Hi Gordon

I like to combine kayaking and photography too - but I've been too scared to take my proper camera out on the water. Just bought one of these Overboard SLR Bag - but haven't yet had chance to try it out properly. It definitely floats and keeps its contents dry though.

4. turbulentwheat

turbulentwheat Well-Known Member

great place Marple - isnt it one of the 'posher' places in Cheshire?!;) Havent been in years. Welcome by the way and enjoy;)