1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Shereen, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Shereen

Shereen Member

Hello fellow amateur photographers. I hope to find ways in improving my photography skills and how to use my camera properly - Canon Powershot sx730 HS.
    I love taking shots of the sky; sunsets and the moon, as well as landmarks on my travels.
    Your advice and tips will be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Welcome along. Nice to see new faces. Stick around, you might even enjoy it :)

Shereen likes this.
  3. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Why not put a few of your favourite pictures in a gallery?

Don't forget to resize them to 800-100 pixels on the longer side so that the files are not too big to upload, and also to make them less attractive to evil bandits who may download them and use them.

4. Shereen

Shereen Member

I think I will start creating galleries. I'm just trying to navigate my way around this site. Does anyone know how I can change my profile picture?

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You must make at least 30 (I believe that's the minimum) postings first. I didn't bother until I'd been around for several months and the picture itself had been used in one of our competitions.

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

You just have to wait - you need a certain number of days and a certain number of posts, and the exact numbers aren't published. It's a successful anti-spam measure.

7. Shereen

Shereen Member

Oh I see. Thanks :)

8. Shereen

Shereen Member

So I created an album and tried to upload two images, but a pop up appeared stating I do not have the permission =\ Does it make a difference if I'm uploading images from my phone?

9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I suspect there is a delay, like adding a picture to your profile. I don't think that the phone itself is a restriction but there may be a size restriction on the upload and some phones make big files these days. I've never used the gallery. I looked to see if there was any explanation/instruction but could not see anything.

10. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Don't upload full size image files - resize to 800-1000 pixels on longer side and check size less than 1 Gb. If you cannot resize on your mobile telephone, use the basic picture editor supplied with recent versions of Windows or some other editing software. Images on the forum can be downloaded and used without your permission, so loading a small resized version makes this less likely.

There are some guidelines somewhere on the Forum pages, but few new members ever appear to find them.