1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys, need some help please if you would be so kind :)

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by carlsworth, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

As was suggested early in this thread you need to use a flash in this circumstance.

That will enable you to shoot at a fast enough shutter speed to prevent problems with subject movement and employ a reasonably small aperture to give you sharp results.

Best results are obtained if you soften the light, for example by using a diffuser over the flash head or by bouncing the light off a white surface. You will need to experiment a bit to get it right.

I use old flash guns picked up second hand (but check the voltage over the terminals as it fires as some will fry your camera). Put the camera in manual mode and select say f5.6 and 1/100th as a starting point. Alter the aperture, subject distance and, if necessary, the ISO setting, until you get it right.

You will be lucky to get good results straight away, but after a bit of practice you will learn what set up gives perfect exposure every time.

2. carlsworth

carlsworth Member

You will be lucky to get good results straight away, but after a bit of practice you will learn what set up gives perfect exposure every time

I got tired of struggling with it, and bought a new Nikon D3200 - not an amazing camera, granted, but does very well for an entry level dslr

Now, I'm taking FAAAAAAR better shots than I ever was with the Sony

Big difference between the old and new tech
    thanks for all the help guys