1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on spares please

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Stephen Rundle, May 13, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Doesn’t look as if they have a UK distributor. Do you need the hook? I can’t say that I’ve ever made use of the hooks that came with my Manfrotto and Velbon. For stability don’t use the centre column, don’t use the last leg-section and make sure the legs are properly spread out.

3. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I followed the link and found this comment "Currently unavailable." which may well indicate that it is now out of production or that they aren't being imported. The Giottos web site suggests that this tripod is now made using Carbon fibre but does, usefully, have a "Support" tab which you can find here http://www.giottos.com/online.aspx?typeid=10

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I found that earlier but it is just a contact page, no suggestion of a spares catalogue.

5. Stephen Rundle

Thanks

6. Stephen Rundle

The 9255 is a very lightweight mount occasionally used but it needs weighting down as the legs do not move very far apart, I have a Gitzo and Giottos pro but the small giottos is great for cycling and with a cattier bag can be strengthened

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Indeed but an email may be sufficient to get them to offer a replacement part. Nikon don't have a parts catalogue in the UK but they are happy to supply some spare parts on request.