1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Help, A6000 Vs 200D

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by SAW, Mar 1, 2019.

1. SAW

SAW Active Member

Hi,

So I posted another thread about getting some lenses for my 600D or a new camera for a holiday I have coming up soon. Now I forgot to mention that my 600D has been modified for astrophotography, it has the ir filter removed it's not really a problem if I shoot raw for general photos but it's an old camera and I'd rather just use it for my astrophotography and get a something else to get me started on normal dauty photos.

I've been watching loads and loads of reviews of the 200D and the A6000 keeps popping up. Now I'm quite keen on this as it can be picked up at a good price. I'm not a vlogger so I don't really need a flip out screen, yes it would be handy on holiday if we want to film or take pictures of ourselves but to be honest I'm interested in taking pictures of the holiday, not me

The A6000 seems to get really good reviews for taking images and not bad at video.

I think I'm going to order the A6000, is this a good choice compared to the 200D ?

Thanks.

2. SAW

SAW Active Member

Oops should be A6000 Vs M50 really !

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

As with everything I'd suggest to try one first. Reviews are useful but it is the user experience that matters at the end of the day. I bought a Fuji X-E2 which is a great little camera but I get annoyed with small aspects of the handling, the EVF, and how some switches can get knocked. I bought it to replace a canon G10 compact which drove me absolutely crazy because it had a context dependent menu. Compared with my DSLR it would take a half an hour sit down to figure out how to do something simple because the menu system was never the same twice (or so it felt).

SAW likes this.
  4. SAW

SAW Active Member

Had a proper look at a the A6000 and M50 today, definitely didn't like the feel and look of the A6000. I do like the feel of the A6300 and A6500 but these are really out of my price range also if I go with the M50 I can use my nifty fifty and 300mm F4 with the adaptor.

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Since the M50 has been around a while, don't forget to look for a nice used one from one of AP's regular advertisers.

If I was buying my first camera now, and didn't already own any lenses, I would definitely have a close look at the M50.
    Canon appear to have made the ideal mirrorless camera body, and then realised there is far more profit in much more expensive 'full frame' models.

For you, being able to use your 50 mm and 300 mm lenses with an adaptor must be the deciding factor.