1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Trish20, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Trish20

Trish20 Member

I used the "Upload a File" option but instead of posting the photo, it was a thumbnail. I will have to work on this :(

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

There's an option to insert as full image somewhere at the bottom of the upload screen - scroll to the bottom?

3. Trish20

Trish20 Member

centralLondon2 - resized.jpg

Success! Thank you Gray :)

steveandthedogs and EightBitTony like this.
  4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That’s nice!

5. Trish20

Trish20 Member

Thank you Pete. :)

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

My pleasure!

7. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

It's a great shot, and almost monochrome - only shades of blue plus black and white.
    I don't expect any beginner's questions from you!

8. Trish20

Trish20 Member

Thank you for the lovely comments Chester. I took it during lock down and was very fortunate to have that perfect sky :)

9. Chester AP

I think my comment should not have the word 'almost'.
    Your image is truly monochrome because it is all shades of one colour and very unusual because of this.
    Time for a large print to frame and put on a wall?

10. Trish20

Trish20 Member

Sorry Chester, I have been away and only just seen your post. I have seen a frame with a mount for three or four photos and I am thinking of using it for this photo and a couple of others I took on the same day. :)

11. Chester AP

If buying a frame in which you will fit the print yourself, be careful if the print will be in contact with the glass. If this is the case, do not get a glossy print because a single bit of dust between the glass and the gloss surface will case a 'Newton's rings' effect where air is trapped around the dust. Go for a textured or semi-matt finish on the print to avoid this problem.

12. Trish20

Trish20 Member

Thank you Chester :)