1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Robert P, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Robert P

Robert P New Member

Hi guys, just joined and thought I'd say hi.

Been into photography since I was given an aps camera as a kid, progressed to digital, DSLR and now a mirrorless.

Also like my film cameras, especially like to buy something that;s a bit broken or neglected and resurrect it, recently learnt to develop my own B&W also.

Just joined to try and learn more about photography, especially the film and developing side,

Cheers

Robert

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Hallo and welcome!

S

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. I hope you sort out your film problem. I'd love to get free rolls of 120 every time I fill the car up!

4. Robert P

Robert P New Member

Thanks guys, yes I was surprised never knew Shell made film :)

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They didn't. I searched but didn't find any record of the promotion. I must admit that I was very surprised to see it.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Could have been one of the many Gratispool type deals that were popular in the 1960s. The processing labs tied up with various companies and simply printed the boxes with the participating companies' logos. Now I come to think of it the Shell thing rings a quiet little bell at the back of my mind.