1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Im new :)

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by AmandaJaynes, Jul 31, 2011.

1. AmandaJaynes

AmandaJaynes Active Member

Hello everyone my name is Amanda Im 36yrs young and I have 3 sons , Im in a great relationship with Gareth who is also into photography in a big way like me.. [​IMG]

Iv'e been a keen photographer most of my life but only got more into it about three years ago when I purchased my DSLR camera a Sony A200 with kit lens and 75-300mm, since then I have also bought a 500mm lens and an 800mm mirrored lens aswell as a wide angle.

I love taking photographs of just about anything but my passion is wildlife/nature and I never get bored of going out looking for something to get a pic of.

I like meeting and talking to people with the same interest as myself and hearing any tips that might help me get a better picture..

Can't wait to get posting ...

Bye for now
    Amanda [​IMG]

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Welcome :D

Blimey very serious with a 800mm lens. :)

Will Gareth be joining or is he on here already?

Had a mirror lens years ago. But found it too dark at f8. :(

Did you use SLR before the A200?

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi Amanda and welcome aboard the AP forums.

Check out the posting tutorial for this site here Click me... plus lots of free programs at the bottom of the page.

If you want a quick editor. Check out the one in my signature below.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Enjoy :D

4. AmandaJaynes

Hello and thanku for the warm welcome to this group, yes I think my boyfriend will be joining aswell when he gets a spare few minutes..
    I am a very keen photographer I love taking pictures of just about anything but for me nature/wildlife will always be my passion I love animals and birds of all kinds.
    I came into abit of money so I bought myself the 800mm mirrored lens it is very handy for moon shots ;)
    Before I got my Sony A200 dslr I used a Kodak small camera but it just wasn't good enough for what I wanted to do and now Im saving up so I can buy myself a Nikon dslr and some lenses but think it might be a good 6 months before I have enough saved ...

take care
    Amanda ;)

5. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Amanda,

welcome to the forum. :)

6. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Hello Amanda and welcome

7. P_Stoddart

Just checking is that the real moon or ? :eek:

Now you've upset the Sony section of the forum :)

Any particular Nikon you aiming for?

8. AmandaJaynes

I will always keep my Sony A200 it is a brilliant camera I should of said Im saving up for a Nikon so I have 2 cameras to use :)

yes I take pictures of the moon, full moon , half moon any moon at all lol :D
    I will upload some pics when I find out how

Amanda

p.s I am on facebk with my own page its called " LoadsapetalsPhotography " anyone is welcome to join :D

9. AmandaJaynes

P.P.s Im aiming for a Nikon 5100 I think :D

10. P_Stoddart

You should be able to get some real world feedback on here in the Nikon section. 6 Months is a long time you might see a price drop on the D7000 if your lucky. :)

There is also a new thread about D5100, D7000 & D90.

The sensor in the D5100 is from Sony I believe and there are Sony bodies using that sensor as well. I think it is the SLT55 also the A580.

Just checked the AP article Death of ISO it is also the same sensor in Pentax K-5 (IMX071 sensor)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011