1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hello from The Hague

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Roland Zwiers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Roland Zwiers

Roland Zwiers New Member

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, but not new to Amateur Photographer.
    In fact I collect old volumes and numbers from before I was born.
    The oldest volume is from 1893, a bound volume without covers or ads.

My main interest is the development of the miniature camera in the 1920's, 1930's and 1940's.
    In this period I collect back numbers of AP, preferably with covers and ads.

I am also working on a project involving British wartime photo magazines.
    AP is the most important magazine as it kept appearing on a weekly basis.
    Competing magazines like The Home Photographer which stopped in November 1939) and Miniature Camera Magazine appeared only on a monthly basis. So thanks to AP I can follow the war from week to week. This helps me to describe wartime developments like restrictions, rationing of film, tax increases, price regulations and the development of a black market for miniature cameras.

In my collection I still have relatively big gaps in the period 1939-1941.
    If it is possible to obtain volumes/ numbers from this period, that would be most welcome.

Kind regards,
    Roland Zwiers,
    The Hague