1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hello from Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Mark Coull, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Mark Coull

Mark Coull Active Member

Hi there,

joined this site today, I took up photography as a hobby back in October 2016 grabbing myself a Nikon D3300, I ended up upgrading to a Nikon D7100 in February 2017, which is when I decided to pursue my interest in wildlife photography.

I got myself a Nikon 55-300, but then upgraded to a Tamron 150-600, then sold them both for my current lens; Nikon AF-S f/4 300mm IF-ED. I also have the kit lens from my D3300 (which my g.f uses now) that I used for taking landscapes and night time photography. I'm looking to upgrade my kit lens to the Tokina 11-20 when the money from my lens sales comes in.

I've recently started getting more into night time photography, I guess because of the darker nights and because it is always dark when I finish work at the moment. Just completed my first successful star trails shot on Saturday night, getting to bed at 3am because the clouds took forever to shift.

I have my own Flickr page (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcoull/) for anyone that wants to check it out. Really looking forward to seeing everyones work and expanding my knowledge of photography.

Thanks,

Mark

2. Wendy Bohan

Wendy Bohan Member

Hi Mark
    Also a newbie here and dropped by to say hello.What sort of wildlife do you shoot?
    Wendy

3. Mark Coull

Mark Coull Active Member

Hi Wendy,

Being from the coast of Scotland, I've been mainly shooting seabirds, such as Gannets, Puffins, Fulmars, Guillemots, Razorbills, Herring gulls, Black-headed gulls and the Greater black-backed gull.

I took several trips to RSPB Fowlsheugh last year as I live 5mins up the road from it and a couple of trips up to RSPB Troup Head. I'm looking forward to visiting these places again this year.

I've spotted many birds of prey in the wild but have never managed to get a clean shot. Would love to get a shot of an Osprey or Red kite this year.

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Hi Mark,
    Welcome along. Good to see new faces. Look forward to seeing your images. Will have a look at your Flickr when I get a minute.