1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hello from mid Devon

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Chilli, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

Hi all.
    I am a complete beginner to photography. My camera is a canon 750d. I know I'm going to ask some really bone questions so please bare with me.

2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum. If you've got photography questions, just ask away. Someone on here will surely be able to help (though it probably wouldn't be me;)).

BTW, when you say "please bare with me"... is it a question about exposure?!! :eek: ;) :D

Chilli likes this.
  3. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome.

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Ignore Peter, he has a strange sense of humour.

Hallo Chilli and welcome.

Ask away, there are some seriously knowledgeable people on here, they have helped me often enough.

S

Chilli likes this.
  5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Why, thank you, Sir! I'll take that as a compliment (though I have my doubts ;))...

steveandthedogs likes this.
  6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. We were all beginners once!

7. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

Thank you for the welcome. Peters sense of humour is a bit like mine then. I should fit in then.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I can see he found it hard to resist your invitation to bare all given that you are self-declared to be Chilli. My favourite mispelled introduction, which I haven't seen for a while, is "Hello, I'm a complete armature".

Chilli likes this.
  9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Although not too tightly wound... :cool:

peterba likes this.
  10. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Actually, it isn't just Peter...

S

Catriona and peterba like this.
  11. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

slip of the keyboard lol

12. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

If you have problems with a keyboard, wait until you explore all the buttons and dials on the camera body.
    Also, what lens do you have attached to the body? (Probably the 18-55 'kit' lens, but it might be relevant when you ask questions).

Since you have a digital camera, you can take thousands of shots and learn from your results, at no cost apart from your time and patience. Imagine the cost of this for older forum members who had to do it with film...

If you have the user manual, don't be afraid to refer to it when experimenting with the settings for lens aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Although these adjustments may make the camera body appear complicated, their existence is what allows so much flexibility in how you take pictures and the results you get. And if you don't have the user manual, look for Canon's website and see if you can download a free one.

Have fun.

Chilli likes this.
  13. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome. and the advice.