1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Kent

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by frayedflute, Aug 17, 2011.

1. frayedflute

frayedflute Member

Another newbie saying hello from Kent :)
    I haven't quite made it into the DSLR world yet (saving the pennies!) but loving my Canon Powershot which gets some pretty cool pics. :eek:
    I'd be interested in any feedback on my pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frayedflute/

2. laj

laj Well-Known Member

Welcome,

Great photos. I have just bought a second hand DSLR....can't wait how to use is properly.

Love Laura.

3. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Cheryl,

glad you decided to join us. :) I like your photos of the pebbles on the fence posts too.

4. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Hello back from Essex. :D

Good examples of what can be shot without using a dSLR IMHO.

I think you have a good foundation for when and if you shift upto dSLR or other system. :)

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Agreed - I've no doubt at all that you've got a good eye for a picture. There's some great images in there. If you're creating stuff this good without one, the world may well be your mollusc when you get a DSLR.

Adrian

6. frayedflute

frayedflute Member

Thanks for the feedback - thats really reassuring feedback to hear :) The stones on the fence were there presumably placed by visitors through the years - I love anything a bit quirky like that! Looking forward to learning more before claiming my mollusc :p

7. ElsieAssap

ElsieAssap Well-Known Member

Love your pictures - I am a newbie to but certainly trailing behind your level

I havent got a dSLR yet either but looking forward to a time when I think I can justify one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elsieassap/

This site looks like a great place to get started - other posters seem very friendly

Laura x

8. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Personally I'd say don't get too hung up on getting a dSLR. To a degree that is why CSCs have come along.

Some of them are now coming onto the secondhand market. Like the GF1 etc.

It can be nice to have a camera you can just grab and not be bulky and heavy.

9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I can't remember here who said it but the "best camera is the one you have with you at the time"- I have a compact and a DSLR but on a practical level the DSLR is a bit much to take out so I use it at home (still learning so I'm taking the same scene with different settings to compare different shutter speeds etc) and on special occasions but my compact stays in my bag for anything I might see on a daily basis or for those occasions when a DSLR wouldn't be allowed (I'm getting into concert photography and most of the time a DSLR isn't permitted- I've had some success asking for a photopass but otherwise no)

10. frayedflute

frayedflute Member

11. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I dare you!:D