1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hello from a newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by established87, Aug 13, 2018.

1. established87

established87 Member

Hi all, Very much a newbie in terms of photography but really looking forward to getting into it. Used to have a old point and shoot digital camera but have just got myself a Panasonic LumixDC-FZ82.

Like i said very much a beginner so any hints, tips and advice would be gratefully accepted

Looking forward to sharing my progress

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

G'day and welcome. Just take pictures. And read the magazine. And ask questions!

What sort of things do you shoot/ realistically expect to shoot?

(I say "realistically expect" because for example very few of us are likely to be able to give you much advice on, for example, shooting supermodels in the Arctic.)

Cheers,

R.

3. established87

established87 Member

Pretty much landscape and portraits of my kids. Very basic at the moment.

I spend a lot of time in and around Whitby so hoping to get some good photos down there

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Cheers,

R.

5. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Welcome along. I'm very jealous of your location. I love North Yorkshire but visit all too infrequently unfortunately. Last time was 2016 :(

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member