1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from a Newbie Novice

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by FuzzyLens, Aug 13, 2011.

1. FuzzyLens

FuzzyLens Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am new to both photography and this site (although I have been browsing it for just over a month now).

I'm based down in Cornwall and have recently bought my first DSLR. On the steep learning curve of how to use the thing - intentionally not using the Auto setting, so results are 'varied' at times!

Trying my hand at all type of photography as I have a wide and varied interest - landscape, stills and most improtantly my family.

The site seems to have lots of good information and plenty of images to aspire to!

2. laj

laj Well-Known Member

3. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I've not been to Cornwall for years so am very envious that you live there. :cool:

I like the images of the Eden Project on your flickr site - very abstract and making good use of the shapes.

Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

4. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? It's a windup? :)

You must have had a camera before surely?

Minions Panorama (very nice B+W great sky)

Elizabeth (Sand)Castle (another good sky, nice angle)

Elizabeth Castle Causeway (nice leading to shot from causway)

Pretty good shots IMHO.

Anyway welcome. :D

PS: Don't forget the Appraisal Gallery for your results.

5. FuzzyLens

FuzzyLens Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

In answer to the question about ever owning a camera before - I've obviously had the old point and shoot for 'snaps', but never used it in anger for anything else. I struggle with the whole creative side of photography (not much better technically at the moment!), but hope to develop this over time. I have enrolled on a course at Plymouth College of Art to push myself. I also need to learn the while post production thing - I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, but tend to use the 'guided' mode to edit my RAW images.

Unfortunately I am not in the heart of Cornwall, living just outside of Plymouth. However plenty access to sone nice places so going to capture what I can locally before wasting precious petrol for blurry, poorly composed and exposed pictures!!