1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Kieran1994, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Kieran1994

Kieran1994 New Member

Hello all,

I have just joined and came to say hello. I'm interested in photography and take occasional pictures at events. I have just bought a FujiFilm Z300 and looking to get started on that. So i'm looking forward to speaking to some photographers.

Regards,
    Kieran

2. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Warm welcomes :) Don't be afraid to ask an question at all :)

3. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Hello to just you. :)

4. Kieran1994

Kieran1994 New Member

Thankyou very much for the welcome, I was looking for a good forum to help me out and meet some people and I think I might of found it! :) Quick question actually, what do you think of the FujiFilm Z300? I bought one on eBay for £50 and it was £200 as I got it when reduced, it has 5x optical zoom, 10 megapixels, lithium battery or something like that and extra stuff! Do you think it was a good buy??

Regards,
    Kieran

5. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I've looked over the specs on the web and it looks to be a very decent compact camera, probably cheaper for being replaced at the end of its design life. With photography these days, its not necessarily what you have in your hand, but how you use it.

Check the sticky threads at the top of the help team forum, here:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?36-Help-Team

Perhaps pop a few pictures in the Appraisal Gallery - Be warned you will get honest replies from people with more experience with more technical kit than you have but we all had to start from where you are now :)

6. Kieran1994

Kieran1994 New Member

Thankyou very much for the help, really appriciate it! It's understandable when I get the Z300 I will take some pictures and put them their, I will respect other people opinions and like you said it's about how you use it, I will take all sorts of advice that is given to me to help me become better.

Regards,
    Kieran

7. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi and welcome.
    It's fine if you learn how to use it. I shoot using the two second timer - stops camera shake. I also carry a small pocket tripod and rest that on benches. lamp posts, columns, walls etc and use 10 second timer.

Have a look at this article which explains how to get the best out of your compact Clicky

Use the editor in my signature to resize and adjust your pics before posting.

How to post images etc. Clicky

Further reading here Clicky

Cheers!

8. Kieran1994

Kieran1994 New Member

Thankyou for the help, I think I might have to get a tripod if it helps with stabilisation and stuff. Cool, I will have to use it and see how the finished picture looks.

Regards,
    Kieran