1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Fogey, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Fogey

Fogey Member

My name is Jeff AKA Fogey, 'cause I'm old.

I have been interested in photography for the last forty years, but haven't touched a camera for the last four years as I was caring for my wife. Now she has passed on I have been keeping myself busy with photography.

I'll photograph anything I think will make a picture, but it's turned out to be mainly wildlife and macros. Now I have all this time on my hands I intend to fulfil my bucket list of things to photograph. The next major trip is to visit the islands off the Welsh coast to photograph Puffins, but that is not until June of next year.

Meanwhile here are some shots I have taken recently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one taken a few years ago.

[​IMG]

2. Fogey

Fogey Member

Let's try again Lol.

Lemur 7 red.jpg Stag Bellowing red.jpg

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad photography is helping.

4. Fogey

Fogey Member

Thank you Tony - Very much appreciated.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Welcome Jeff. It is a difficult time for you, in difficult times, and getting out and about to take photographs is a good thing to do. I certainly wish you well with the puffin trip, hopefully by next year there will be fewer restrictions on movement. My puffin tally to date is one solitary little chap crouched on a cliff ledge so I look forward to seeing your puffin and other shots and to see you join in the daily and monthly photo-challenges.

6. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Yes it's good to see you here but sorry to hear about your loss. I also have an ambition to photograph puffins again but as you say that will be next year,in my case on the Farn Islands .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum. Photography and this Forum has been my life saver after my hubby died a few years ago. We are a crazy lot though, so get ready to browse other threads (the Lounge and Games for a chat, laugh, discussion moan and chortle) - as well as valuable help in other threads such as Appraisal. You can show us your work in Exhibition without fear of critique, but just because it makes you happy to show them.
    Enjoy yourself.

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Hello Jeff and welcome.

S