1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Alex B, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Alex B

Alex B New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to this forum. I am a keen amateur photographer trying to build up my portfolio. I am in the process of designing one. I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites that post volunteer opportunities for amateur photographers to help build up their portfolios. I am looking to do this to enable me to get experience with different subjects.

Thanks for popping past and reading my post.

Alex

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Hi Alex. Maybe try a letter explaining yourself to a few local wedding photographers. Start by going along as an unpaid assistant until you gain there trust, they may then be happy for you to take a few shots of your own, and who knows, maybe even as a second camera.

3. Alex B

Alex B New Member

Thank you for that. I will take that approach

Alex