1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Amateur Photographer members

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Nikon_Peter, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Nikon_Peter

Nikon_Peter Well-Known Member

Hello all.

As you can see from my forum name, I'm Peter and a Nikon user. I'm 29 and have been into photography since I was around 10/11. For the past few years photography has been on the back-burner, only just about being kept warm :(, until I finally upgraded to a DSLR two years ago which has reignited my passion. My enjoyment of photography as a hobby is because it combines science, e.g. the technical understanding of exposure, with art, e.g. the innate creativity of composition.

My camera history:
    1st - Centon K100 with Centon 50mm f/1.7, and Centon 28-70mm f/3.4-4.8 - all of which I still have sat on a shelf.
    2nd - Nikon F55 which I bought as a kit set with a Nikon 18-55mm and 70-300mm. I dropped the 18-55mm breaking the internal workings. I replaced it with a Tamron 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6.1.
    3rd - Upgraded in 2016 to DSLR. My current kit comprises a Nikon D3300, Nikkor DX 35mm f/1.8G (I really like this lens) and Nikkor DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G.

I also use SanDisk SD cards, Cokin P series/M size filter system, Lowepro bags and a rather cheap (it's usable but definitely shows its price :eek:) Hahnel tripod plus other little items.

My photographic interests are landscapes - broad vistas and detail focussed, wildife - particularly birds although I don't currently have a long enough lens to really make a go of it; I am in the market for a longer lens for which I've posted a couple of questions on the appropriate forum, and astrophotography.

So with that, glad to meet you all :D

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Hello Nikon Peter!

Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Cheers,

R.

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, even if you picked the wrong horse to back.

4. Roger Hicks

No, he can still go back to film instead of digital.

Cheers,

R.

5. Nikon_Peter

Wrong horse?! Hmm, I'm guessing Tony is a Canon man. Nikon forever! :D

6. Roger Hicks

Or better still Leica. Or if you don't like cheap cameras, Alpa.

Cheers,

R.

7. EightBitTony

I was thinking Pentax, then it illiterates nicely. Pentax_Peter (or Pentax_Penelope). Anyone called Colin or Carole should use Canon, Canon_Carole and only Nigels and Noras should use Nikon, Nikon_Nora :)

8. Roger Hicks

Alpa 'Arry? Bronica Bruce? Gandolfi George? Leica Larry? Linhof Louise? Robot Robbie (obviously). Exacta... um...

Cheers,

R.

9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Oh dear. I've racked my brains and the only one I can think of for me is Carl Zeiss Jena Jeff.

Cheers, Jeff

10. EightBitTony

11. Roger Hicks

Dear Ieff,

Ihagee of Dresden is sometimes written Jhagee...

Cheers,

R.

12. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I take broad approach to cameras - a quick look in the cupboard showed I have 11 brands of SLR in there.....all film. No Nikons there, though. My DSLR is a Canon 60D.
    Welcome, Nikon_Peter.

13. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

We all have our crosses to bear...........How about Praktica.....or Olympus?

Lynn

14. Nikon_Peter

Thanks all for the welcome. Already finding this to be a useful forum to be on. Should have joined ages ago.

15. Roger Hicks

Dear Lynn,

And don't forget the Sigmoids!

Cheers,

R.