1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Heard mentality "sheep" wait 10-14 days

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 1, 2020.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

1.30 in or thereabouts of your Youtube recording with E Bay. I assume she was made fully aware that the call was being recorded and shared on the internet?

2. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

No need not illegal and YES I ALWAYS tell them.

also it is no different to being called "mate", "Pal", "Buddy", it depends on what part of the country you come from, it is a well used expression in the North, perhaps you need to write to Barnsley Chronical and see the reaction :) :) :) "Ya OK Love"

Oh and for your information I do in fact, as I have used this and other expressions all my life ask people on occasions do they mind, I have yet to have one say yes.

There are much more upsetting things like the American belief that they have a right to use the "N" word whenever they want to, which I have fought against writing to US media outlets for years as a Journalist along with receiving endless abuse condemning the gutless slaughter by cowards who shoot (guns, crossbows) animals.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Is it illegal to record a conversation in secret?
    Recording a conversation in secret is not a criminal offence and is not prohibited. As long as the recording is for personal use you don’t need to obtain consent or let the other person know.

Things change if the matter is addressed with a claim for damages or if the recordings have been shared without the consent of the participants. Even worse, if the recording is sold to third parties or released in public without the consent of the participants then this could be considered a criminal offence.

It can be according to this.

The fact you took umbrage when using the word "lady" or "ladies" but because you feel you come from an area where Love is acceptable, it is alright. Where was she from? Is that acceptable to her? You also said it in quite a condescending way.

Personally, with the right person, the right situation, "love" is alright, I use it myself. But it is double standards by you.

Derek W likes this.
  4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

To my mind it's totally inappropriate to use mate, pal, buddy, love etc in a formal setting like a customer complaint call. Obviously Jeremy thinks differently.

5. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

I was born in the same place. Had some ortho work too, although that was just removing meccano :D

6. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Speaking as a woman I hate "Love" "Darling" "Babe" "Sexy" etc the last two online being the mark of a scammer I didn't like Dave calling me them (apart from "sexy" in the appropriate context) so I really don't like complete strangers using them and don't get me started on being called a "girl"

7. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

My name is not Jim.....but I have been confused as Jim all my adult life.... When I was young, an alarming number of people claimed parentage over me....

Graeme

8. John King

John King Well-Known Member

What worries me more than the risk of coming into contact with people with the virus is the standard of driving. It simply cannot be put down to the lack of traffic on the roads since the lockdown but there a a very large number of drivers who seem to have forgotten the absolute basics. The behaviour of some just defies description. Not one instance but a whole stream of them one after another by the same driver.

Like the driver on the the A43 last Monday. The dual carriageway drops down to a normal 2 lane road. Where the dual finishes there were cross hatching and this driver drove onto them to overtake and then forced his way between two cars, and tried to overtake the queue on the inside. Finding this was impossible he forced his way back onto the outside of the the right have queue.

This road lane convergence was made worse by one lane of the now two lane road closed off with roadworks controlled by traffic lights. This didn't phase the driver because he drove against the red lights but was stopped by oncoming traffic. The workers on the construction had got the car off the road way and were stopping him from moving. Hopefulloy the police were called.

9. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

I think the example given is more, ‘not giving a shit’, over “forgotten the basics” :p

My dad passed his driving test 40 years ago, but ain’t no way he’s going to pass the new driving test today.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    MJB likes this.