1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Pentax DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Monobod, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

'Caston Water' image on Flickr was taken with the 17-70 and it is pretty good for sharpness and contrast. Had a tiny bit of enhancement in NIK.

2. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

I was having a similar dilemna about an upgraded standard zoom. Eventually I bit the bullet and rather than a third party option I got a Pentax 17-70 F4.

A tip: check for an actual price on the web, as you may find it cheaper than the ads the same suppliers put in AP.

3. Monobod

Please let us know what you think of it. It was one of my initial thoughts. I saw some sample images on the web and it looks pretty good. At least it will 'talk' to the body regarding settings.

Great choice I think, but no test info seems to exist.

4. PentaxManiac

5. PentaxManiac

6. Monobod

Thanks.

7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

8. Monobod

Hello Jack, from this report, it seems that the Pentax and the Sigma are close rivals. As I already have the Sigma, there is little point in swapping to the Pentax 17-70. from recent experiments, i am finding that stopping down to f/8 on the Sigma gives really good results. :)