1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you seen...

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by Barney, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

... what goes on inside your Nikkors?

[video=youtube_share;J-gw0Yz8oHo]http://youtu.be/J-gw0Yz8oHo[/video]

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Thats interesting to know whats inside lenses, the music is good too!

3. mark 1

mark 1 Well-Known Member

What I find strange is, ask anyone into photography and they Will tell you if you want a sharp image you keep everything as still as possible. But then VR shakes the lens around for you.

4. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Don't question the magic. :)

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't! I keeps the lens still while you shake around.

6. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

If you buy a Pentax the VR is in the body - the magic painting pixies get shaken about instead of the lens. :D

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Close but not quite.
    It keeps the image shaking about ideally exactly as the sensor is shaking about.
    Its all relative.

8. mark 1

mark 1 Well-Known Member

So the world is turning, I am shaking, my lens is vibrating and my subject is moving. No bloody wonder my pictures are crap!

If the lens produces a vibration why is it called vibration reduction. ? Did they steel the idea from photoshop where they called the sharpening filter a unsharp filter. I am beginning to think someone is making taking pictures harder than it needs to be.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  9. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Switch off the anti shake system if you want to go back to the good old days and certainly when the camera is on a tripod.

10. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

'Cos Canon had already got dibs on the phrase 'Image Stabilisation' that's why...;)

11. mark 1

mark 1 Well-Known Member

I have VR on a few lens I own. I have played with it but have never used it as it was designed for. it adds so much cost to a lens and is one of the first things to go wrong. if I ever manage to save for another lens it will be the 80-200 2.8 as it hasnt got all that extra stuff that I manage to not use.

12. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Given the huge advantage it gives you when handholding I wouldn't be without it on my 70-200/2.8 and I wish I had it on my 24-70/2.8 too.

As for it being "one of the first things to go wrong" I've yet to come across anyone who has complained of their VR failing.

13. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Cor!

Now I know why I get dizzy, feel sick and fall over.

Ta! :eek:

[Just kidding!]

I'm sOo glad I didn't buy Canon. :)

[Just kidding! Again.]

:D

14. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

The only way of getting sharp quality pictures is simple! just mount your camera on a tripod........

15. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Well that's clearly nonsense.

16. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

On behalf of Ivor, I resemble that insult!

[​IMG]