1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has John Lewis gone mad.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Grierson, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

According to their website John Lewis will knock £100 off the cost of a GX8 body if you provide a p/x of any old camera. It's surely going to cost them money to administrate the p/x so why not take the money off without the fuss? Or am I missing something?

And they tell us the purchase of the body attracts a £100 cash back from Panasonic although the T&Cs on Panasonic website quote £50, so how can an organisation of John Lewis stature get it wrong?

(Just a bit of a ramble. The GX8 is far too large for a CSC anyway! :D)

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Agreed. Must be some bloatware inside! GX7 is real neat.

I have a lo-cost digi compact bought for various purposes including curiosity & possible car camera use which is probably worth £25 on a good day, downhill & with the wind behind. Should I take a punt on a) flogging it to someone for £50 to use for p/x or b) do it myself and try flogging a brand new, boxed GX8 to try to make £50-£75?

John Lewis occasionally offer real bargains although I managed to buy a Freeplay clockwork radio that was a real turkey. To be fair, I should mention that they did offer me money back but couldn't do a replacement. Thereafter it becomes a bit of a saga for another time.

3. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

Bold 1: That's a strange American'ism :) but I agree. It's my camera of choice at the moment.

Bold 2: Neither. :( IMVH experience, you break even at best and at worse suffer a significant loss!

I'm not sure what is going on with John Lewis at the moment. I've been trying to extract some BSI information from them for weeks but the departments keep passing the buck to one another. But that's also another story.

4. Bejay

Bejay Well-Known Member

You have reminded me that I am still waiting for my cashback from Panasonic on the FZ1000 I bought - time to chase!

5. Bejay

Bejay Well-Known Member

Finally got my cashback for a camera bought in October!

6. Stevestrolls

Stevestrolls Member

I'm thinking about an extra camera for my video work. Main camera GH3, b-cam - G5. Went into Clifton Cameras this week to look at the G7 as a better b-cam. Looks great, but the GX8 was way better. Especially liked the tilting eyepiece.

7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

That's a strange apostrophe too. I'm sure the camera is totally baller though :)