1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone bought from wilkinson cameras?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colin343, May 28, 2006.

1. colin343

colin343 Well-Known Member

i seen there advert in acouple of mags and there selling a d200 with a free battery grip for £1125! has anyone had any dealing with these guys?

2. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

I bought a couple of items from them in the past with no problems. I have also bought second-hand from their shop in Preston, but I don't know if they still do second-hand stuff. This was probably about three years ago.

3. colin343

thanks graham.

4. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

I used to work there a few years ago. The mail order department was always very busy, no need to worry! Second hand gear was always thoroughly checked. They used to use a 48 hour delivery though to weed out the scammers. Don't know if they still do.

5. ElectricPics

ElectricPics Well-Known Member

I've bought plenty of stuff from them. Great service, good stock and knowledgeable, enthusiastic staff. The absolute opposite of Jessops. I've never used their mail order but my nearest branch (Carlisle) is a 140 mile round trip away and it's worth it!

6. pilliwinks

pilliwinks Well-Known Member

I've only dealt with them once, but found them friendly and extremely helpful. That was a few years ago.

7. colin343

thanks for the feedback guys ,cheers colin

8. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Funnily enough, someone on the Leica Forum, who is now resident in France (and no, it wasn't RH) was bewailing the lack of dealers like Wilkinsons today.

He complained that his local Leica dealer emanates an aura that says 'f*** off' to anybody that crosses the threshold, irrelevant of whether they have a wad of 500 euro notes in their pockets or not... Odd but true.

9. Jonathon

Jonathon Well-Known Member

I go in there often, they're still doing that wonderfull 2nd hand service :D

10. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

That's good to know Jonathon, thanks. :cool: