1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Happy i left my dslr at home

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by chrisevans, Jan 6, 2015.

1. chrisevans

chrisevans Well-Known Member

This year I decided to leave my much loved DSLR at home and take my as yet unopened little Lumix GX7. Towards the end of the first week I spotted an opportunity to get it out and grab this shot. Your consideration is much appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Blimey.

Hallava shot there, what lens were you working with?

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've posted this a while back. Either way I like it

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

It, or one of the same chap smoking, did appear a while back.

Still impressed, though.

Adrian

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

there has been one very like but I am not sure it is the same person. On the other hand I'm not going to search the archive. The hand is a wee bit high to act as a frame.

6. Izalco

Izalco Member

Stunning shot. That's all I've got to say :)

7. chrisevans

My memory must be shot I have no recollection of posting this image in the "appraisal gallery". I did uploaded it to my own gallery, probably back in November but I didn't know what to do with it so I just left it there.

To answer an earlier question, the lens was the kit zoom, racked right out to a grand 42mm to exaggerate the depth of field effect.

8. Xenol

Xenol Well-Known Member

Nice shot! But it kind-of looks weird where the blur is on the hand; looks a bit like a gaussian blur has been applied, but thats down to the lens I suppose.

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Had to check.... http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...Panasonic-LUMIX-GX7-first-time-out-of-the-box Looks like it's your mind not mine, but you can never be too sure with the way mine works! :D

10. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Well worth another trip out of the photo album. Dunno why we don't do it more often, to be honest :)

11. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Nice shot. But yep, the blur looks added. I use a MFT camera myself and they give much more DOF than an apsc system. Still, who cares? Nice shot.

12. chrisevans

Thanks for the memory jog and the useful comments. Your a very knowledgeable group and always worth turning to for advise. Cheers.

ps Have I said that before :)

13. corncrake

corncrake Well-Known Member

Re: Happy i left my dslr at home.................

Re: Happy i left my dslr at home.................

Hi Chris..Just Keep doing the above....Great shot by the way...
    John.

14. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

To be proud of.