1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,

Nature photography is hugely popular, and there is always something more to learn. We've got the best photographers in this fascinating genre to share their tips and advice on the gear and techniques needed for stand-out shots, and inspire us with their wonderful images.

Whether you’re a beginner or intermediate photographer, and whether you're into flowers, insects or animals, you'll learn something new in this issue of 'Improve Your Photography' – and come away with your creative batteries fully charged.

Simply enter your details to receive your downloadable copy of 'Improve Your Photography – Nature'.

3. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday Rodinal!

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by gray1720, Jan 26, 2016.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

One hundred and fifteen years old tomorrow and still available (though not under that name)!

From its Wonkypedia page:
    [h=2][/h] Rodinal was patented January 27, 1891 by Dr. Momme Andresen. It was the first product sold by Agfa and is the oldest photographic product still available (2014)

Adrian

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Wow! A hundred and fifteen years on and it's still only in development?!!!...:D

Coat on and running for the door....:cool:

3. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Very wonky, Adrian, as it was called Rodinal the last time I bought some, about seven years ago and is still shown as such at Silverprint. Other suppliers of darkroom consumables are available. :) But it is a happy birthday and an amazing product. One of the first things I learned in my resurrected photo-life in the 1970s was that a bottle was retrieved not long before from a WW1 damaged cellar and the brown liquid therein worked on some film just as it should when new. Cheers, Oly

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Makes me feel a positive spring chicken

S

5. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

I'd love for Agfa or some rich bod to buy back all the best 'assets' and get back into photographic production. No, not CT18 but the best B&W chemistry, the films and the best papers, especially, IIRC, those discontinued in the 1970s & 1980s.

Now, if I had won the whole £66 million ...